I have really cut back on red meat but love a good hamburger. I first had this recipe when my sister in law made these and could not believe how amazing the flavor was. My husband and I were craving these so I made them and will be making them all summer. They are incredible. Best burger ever 🙂
- 1 Tbs extra-virgin olive oil, in the pan, plus some for drizzling
- 1 Tbs butter
- 3 garlic cloves, 2 chopped, 1 crushed
- 1 red onion, 1/2 chopped, 1/2 thinly sliced
- 1 box, 10 ounces, frozen spinach, defrosted
- 2 tsp dried oregano, lightly crushed in the palm, divided
- 1/4 cup feta crumbles
- 1 1/3 pounds ground turkey breast, 1 package
- 1 Tbs grill seasoning (I used Montreal Steak Seasoning by McCormick)
- 1 small, 2-inch piece of cucumber peeled, trimmed and chopped
- Salt and pepper
- 1 1/2 to 2 cups greek plain yogurt
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1 cup arugula, coarsely chopped or shredded
- 4 hamburger rolls, split
- roma tomatoes, sliced
- baby spinach
Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add the olive oil and a tablespoon of butter. When butter melts, add the chopped garlic and chopped red onion and cook 5 minutes. Transfer the onions and garlic to a bowl to cool. Return pan to heat.
Wring the defrosted spinach dry by twisting it in a clean kitchen towel over your sink. Separate the spinach as you add it to the bowl with cool onions, garlic and season with 1 teaspoon of oregano
. Add in feta crumbles then ground turkey, grill seasoning and a drizzle of extra-virgin olive oil. Mix and form into 4 patties, 1-inch thick. Raise heat on pan to medium-high. Add patties and cook 6-8 minutes on each side.
Toast rolls, if you prefer.
Place chopped cucumber, the crushed glove of garlic, yogurt, 1 teaspoon oregano and juice of 1/2 lemon in a food processor. Add a little salt and process the sauce until smooth. Transfer to a small dish and serve on the the burger along with sliced tomato and baby spinach.
Recipe Source: Rachael Ray