This was a really fun recipe to make with my kids. Gotta love a good chocolatey cookie that has a touch of Halloween to it 🙂
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, very soft
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- About 36 candy corns
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place butter and sugar in a medium bowl; beat until combined. Beat in egg yolk, vanilla, baking powder, and salt. Add flour, and cocoa powder and mix until a dough forms.
- Scoop out level teaspoons of dough, and roll into balls (chill dough briefly if it becomes too soft to handle). Place balls on baking sheets, 2 inches apart.
- Bake, rotating sheets halfway through, until edges are firm and cookies are dry to the touch 10 to 12 minutes.
- Remove from oven; gently press a candy corn into center of each cookie (surface of cookies may crack slightly). Cool on sheets 1 minute; transfer to a rack to cool completely.
*Recipe Source: Martha Stuart