Have you ever had this soup at Olive Garden?? It is so rich and creamy and delicious.I made this last night and it tasted just like it. It was so easy to make and my whole family loved it.
- 1 tablespoons extra virgin oil
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 1 quart half and half
- 1/2 cup celery, finely diced
- 1 cup onion, finely diced
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 2 14 ounce cans of chicken broth if you enjoy thick soup, use one can
- 1 cup carrots, finely shredded
- 1 cup chicken breasts, cooked and diced (you can use a rotisserie chicken)
- 1 package gnocchi, cooked (you can find these in gourmet/pasta section of the grocery store – you may want to cut the gnocchi in half if it is large, or purchase the mini size if available)
- 1 cup of fresh spinach coarsely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
Saute the onion, celery, and garlic in the butter and olive oil over medium heat until the onion becomes translucent. Add the flour and make a roux. Let the butter and flour mixture cook for about a minute before adding 1 quart of half and half.
Cook gnocchi according to package directions.
Into the roux, add in the carrots and chicken. Once the mixture becomes thick, add the chicken broth. Once the mixture thickens again, add the cooked gnocchi, spinach, and seasoning; simmer until soup is heated through. Before serving season to taste by adding additional salt.
Recipe Source: Pinterest